Friday, October 13, 2006

Could you pass the mello roos…

At the age of fourteen I began cooking in a coastal town in Maine where I grew up. Starting as a prep cook I couldn’t wait to become Garde Mange, then Sauté to Tournant, Sous Chef to Chef, Chef to owner, then of course you can’t possibly stop at just one restaurant lets build more…. I believe it is at this point when a part of all true chefs can’t wait to become that cook again. After all it is the cook who reeps the highest satisfaction; Sharing. Preparing a dish of ingredients provided by mother nature composed for the sole purpose of sharing a vision, a feeling with the guest that is intended to improve the quality of life if only for a couple of hours. In return the cook is rewarded with the gratification of providing enjoyment, nourishment and hopefully a memory of the feeling long after the plate has been cleared. At that moment there is a feeling deep inside the cook’s soul that is hard to put into words. It’s a feeling that is felt when you truly give.

Recently I helped a family relocate to Orange County, it wasn’t the first time I helped a family relocate, but it was the first time I realized the representation and sharing of information I provide as a Real Estate professional trumps all the sharing I provided in my 18 years as a restaurateur. Helping their family get settled and discover what Orange County has to offer gave me that feeling I had as a cook when the guest took their first bite was front and center.

Moving from another state or just across the street a real estate transaction can be very unfamiliar experience for most people. I had been over estimating the amount of information readily available to people outside of the real estate or lending industry. As real estate professionals in OC we are filled with information that has the potential to provide people with more ways to enjoy "The Good Life". OCORAMA is meant to be a vehicle to share information about Orange County, much like I did as a restaurateur when I found out about a new artisan cheese maker or a wild mushroom forager.

From information on Schools, tax due dates and those mello roos to which restaurants, resorts and wine shops are nearby. Heard about a neg-am loan, good idea or not? How does ocean view or road noise affect property values? What kind of neighborhoods are behind those gates on the PCH.

I encourage everyone to contribute quality information and ask many questions. No reasonable question will go un-answered; after all it’s hardly important which beach is dog friendly- unless you own a dog. If there are any questions that anyone would prefer answered privately, feel free to contact me directly.

Tobias

No comments: